Shore Excursion Huon Valley produce trail.
- Duration: 1 Days (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Product code: SEHVPT
This tour is be governed by the seasons, boating conditions, seasonal access, and availability. Depending on the timing of your visit, we will assemble an itinerary that explores the best of what the Huon and Channel have to offer, from among these and other producers. A visit to the Australian Wooden Boat Centre and Frank’s Cider will replace the sailing boat experience when it is closed in off season.
- Pick up 8.30am from Hobart cruise ship terminal, Macq02 Hunter st.
- Head south along the channel, passing small towns while sharing stories of their industry and history.
- There is the option of a short walk to Trial Bay and a view of Kettering at its best.
- Drop into our friends at Grandevewe cheese and Hartshon Distilling, where a local family has set the world alight with their sheep whey vodka and gin, as well as their delicious cheeses.
- We then discover one of many small boutique wineries, where a pre-planned selection of tastings is available, and it won’t be hard to realize how to relax with the backdrop right in front of us. Again, we are amongst small talented family locals, with sensational wines of new and old variety.
- It’s time to head over the Snug Tiers and into the historic and creative Huon Valley town of Cygnet, where we will relax and debrief the mornings’ activities with lunch at one of our favorite local eateries. Lunch is at guests cost.
- If time permits, we visit an artist or crafts person, such as great friends of ours who offer a creative demonstration in the art of Japanese pottery.
- Explore rolling orchards, stopping to pick up some cherries or other fresh fruit along the way (in season of course).
- After lunch we make our way to Franklin and have options:
1). Visit the Australian Wooden Boat Centre at Franklin, for some amazing maritime stories
2). Another local winery or hand crafted cider .
3). Back to Hobart.
This tour can be customized to guests needs, interests and departure times.
- If time permits, we can squeeze in an optional stop at Willie Smiths Cider before returning to Hobart, with a couple more stories on the way.