South Cape Bay Hike
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Product code: PQX2FY
- Departs Hobart Travel and Information Centre - 8:30 AM (Corner of Davey and Elizabeth St)
- Scenic drive to Cockle Creek along the stunning Huon River, learning about the first Europeans to explore this area, the French.
- Enjoy morning tea with hot coffee or tea, fruit, and trail snacks, while overlooking the map for the day's walk.
- The hike to South Cape Bay is a 15.4KM return trail. The track can be muddy at times as we weave our way through sensational marshlands, forests, and finish with sweeping ocean views from rugged cliff tops.
- South Cape Bay is the first or last section of the exceptional and rugged 6-8 day South Coast Track
- Enjoy panoramic views of the wild southern ocean.
- Enjoy a nice picnic lunch at the bay before returning via the same trail.
- Arrive back to Hobart approx. 5:30 pm
Walking distance: 15.4KM
Track Rating: 3, involves, undulating terrain, exposed cliff lines, board walked section and natural terrain with tree roots. Can get muddy.
Terrain: Dirt path, exposed cliff edges, forested, wild waves and winds
Food: morning tea, trail snacks, picnic lunch. Drinks: Coffee, tea, water refills.