Master Manual Mode, Sydney Photography Workshop
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Sydney, NSW
- Product code: MMM
Mastering Manual Mode is the next step in taking control of your camera so you can make informed decisions about your photography’s style and direction.
We’ll look at white balance metering and exposure compensation; how depth of field and understanding light can balance technical mastery with creative mindfulness; and we will explore methods professional photographers use to make informed creative decisions.
You’ll learn how professionals create expressive images, and practise using the characteristics of light to create mood and emotion in your final images.
You’ll come away with wonderful new skills that boost your technical and creative confidence.
What does the workshop cover?
- exposure — shutter speed, aperture and ISO
- your camera’s metering system
- focus lock and focusing techniques
- white balance
- easy shortcuts to manual settings
- observing the quality and direction of light
- composition and the point of interest
- understanding depth of field
- using live view for composition
- how using manual mode can ignite your imagination
Tutors: A professional
photographer and a photographer's assistant (depending on group size)
Class size: Minimum 4; maximum 10
Time: 8 am to 12 pm on selected Sundays. Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop commences to ensure we start on time
Meeting point: QVB City Metropole Cafe.
What should I bring?
- a digital SLR camera or compact camera with manual settings. Please make sure you also bring the user’s manual
- a lens hood if you have one
- a cleaning cloth
- at least one empty memory card
- at least one set of spare batteries —make sure they’re fully charged
- your camera manual
- camera bag
- water bottle and snacks
- comfortable walking shoes
- sunscreen and hat
- comfortable clothing; check the weather forecast!
Detailed Aperture Club course notes will be emailed to you on completion of each workshop.
Camera kits are available for $75 per workshop if you want to experiment using a professional DSLR camera. Kits include a camera, lens and other equipment (flash/tripod) appropriate to the particular tutorial. Kits are limited, so make sure you reserve one when you confirm your workshop.
Workshops do not include drinks, meals/snacks, public transport or parking.
If it looks as if the weather will be unsuitable on the day, we’ll contact you early in the morning. In the event of cancellation, you can select an alternative workshop date.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
The Aperture Club Team —
Sharon Hickey: 0411 370 577