Autopia Tours: Adelaide to Melbourne 3 Day Tour (Basic Dorm Share)
- Duration: 3 Days (approx.)
- Location: Adelaide, South Australia
- Product code: AM3-B
This fare price is a (Per Person) suitable for Adults 18+ over in a Shared Dormitory Room. Not suitable for children 17 years and under.
TOUR CODE: AM3-B ---- Basic Hostel Accommodation (Dormitory Share)
OPERATES: Wed (Apr-Oct) / Wed & Sun (Nov-Mar)
DEPARTS: 06:45am (Adelaide)
FINISHES: 18:00pm (Melbourne)
TOUR DURATION: 3 Days / 2 Night
MAIN PICKUP LOCATION & TIME: Adelaide Central YHA, 135 Waymouth St, Adelaide @ 6:45am
- Overland touring experience from Adelaide to Melbourne
- Grampians National Park, hike the Pinnacles trails
- Beautiful MacKenzie Falls and views from The Balconies & Boroka lookout
- Explore Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, rich in Aboriginal culture & pristine nature
- Australia wildlife sightings - kangaroos, koalas, and emus
- Journey along the National Heritage Listed Great Ocean Road
- Visit the iconic rock formations of the 12 Apostles
- Discover the hidden beach at Loch Ard Gorge & iconic London Bridge
- Take a stroll in the Great Otway National Park & ancient rainforest
- Photo opportunity at the historic Great Ocean Road Memorial Arch
Between Adelaide and Melbourne lies the Grampians National Park, known for its towering mountain ranges, rocky peaks, and roaring waterfalls. This 3-day tour includes accommodation in the heart of the Grampians surrounded by kangaroos and cockatoos! Travel south to the Shipwreck Coast and visit the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and other stunning locations before continuing the journey to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road, arriving early evening.
Day 1: Adelaide - Halls Gap
Depart the city through the Adelaide Hills enroute to the Grampians National Park. Travelling through the western plains of Victoria, watch as the mountain range slowly grows on approach. Hike to the base of Mackenzie Falls and explore other famed lookouts of The Balconies and Boroka Lookout before checking in for the night in the heart of the Grampians; Halls Gap. Meals: Dinner. Accom: ---TBA Backpackers Shared Dorm--- (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 510km. Hike Distance: 2km.
Day 2: Halls Gap - Warrnambool
Start the day with a hike up to the iconic Pinnacle lookout with an amazing view over the Grampians. Later, visit the Tower Hill Conservation Reserve, an extinct volcano, rich in Aboriginal history and an abundance of wildlife. Finish the day with time to relax in the town of Warrnambool, before coming together for a group dinner and at a local hotspot. (dinner and beverages at guests own expense). Meals: Breakfast. Accom: ---TBA Backpackers Shared Dorm--- (with shared bathroom) or similar alternative. Driving Distance: 190km. Hike Distance: 4.5km.
Day 3: Warrnambool - Melbourne
The last day is a journey along the historic Great Ocean Road. Beginning with the highlights of the 12 Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge & London Bridge. Embark on a guided rainforest walk before lunch in the popular seaside town of Apollo Bay. Follow the road to its end as it twists and turns with stops at Memorial Arch and a famous surf beach or two. Arriving in Melbourne in the evening. Meals: Breakfast. Driving Distance: 360km.
- One-way Transfer from Adelaide to Melbourne
- 2 nights dorm share accommodation - with shared bathroom facilities (Halls Gap, Warrnambool)
- Includes: 2 x Breakfast, 1 x Dinner
- National Park entry fees
- Guided cultural bush walk included (6.5km total)
- Australian wildlife sightings, in the wild!
- Experienced driver-guide
- Air-conditioned mini-coach travel
- Comprehensive tour commentary
- Select inner-city pickup and drop off points
- Any meals not indicated within the itinerary
- Travel insurance is recommended
- Personal expenses
WHAT TO BRING:
1 Litre water bottle, overnight bag & small day pack, any medications you usually take, please ensure you pack appropriately, all weather conditions, warm jacket, thermals (advisable for the colder months), comfortable walking shoes with tread, hat, sunscreen & sunglasses, swimmers, towel & toiletries, camp torch/headlamp, camera.
This fare type applies to Adults 18+ and over. Children aged between 6 to 17 years old are required to stay in standard private accommodation and must be accompanied by a legal guardian or adult. Private accommodation upgrades are available on a different product listing, subject to availability. This tour is not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under.
In the event of rain or inclement weather, your experience will still go ahead, unless contacted by the provider.
THINGS TO KNOW:
- Basic dormitory-style accommodation fares apply to Adults 18+ and over. Children aged between 6 to 17 years old, must be accompanied by an adult or legal guardian at all times. Not suitable for infants or children 5 years and under. Children must stay in Private Rooms.
- A moderate to advanced level of fitness is required to complete the walks. Walks can be up to 6.5km in length, often over steep and rocky sections and in direct sunlight. Length of walks may vary and will be at the guide’s discretion.
- A similar alternative will be provided should any of our normal scheduled stops be closed for any reason. Itineraries may vary to adapt to seasonal changes and occasionally park closures. As safety is our top priority we plan accordingly to ensure our guests have the most fun and best experience possible while on tour.
- This terrain is not suitable for mobility-impaired travellers, wheelchairs, walkers or strollers.
- Limited storage space on our vehicle, baggage kept to 1 x 25kg travel bag, 1 x 5kg day bag
- Please notify the provider of any dietary requirements, medical conditions and your travelling contact number at the time of booking.
- BLACKOUT DATES: 26DEC, 29DEC 2021, 02JAN 2022 / 25DEC, 28DEC 2022, 01JAN 2023.