BASKET WEAVING WORKSHOP AT MYSTERY BAY WITH DEIDRE MARTIN FROM BUGIYA NAWAY BURIDJA
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Mystery Bay, NSW
- Product code: BNBBW
Highlights and Inclusions:
- Two hour basket weaving experience with a local Yuin Nation knowledge holder on one of Eurobodalla's most beautiful beaches.
- Learn about ancient sustainability practices
- Learn how to use natural resources to make baskets and discover their traditional uses
- Listen to stories unique to the local Yuin people.
- Please note a minimum of 6 participants is required to run this experience (maximum of 20).
HOW LONG: 2 HOURS
WHEN: 2 pm
INCLUDED: 2 hour basket weaving workshop, all materials
BRING: JACKET FOR COOLER WEATHER AND COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES SUITABLE FOR ALL TERRAINS
WHAT: Deidre Martin is one of the Yuin Nations most well respected Elders/Knowledge holders. Learn about Aboriginal culture, history and Dreamtime stories unique to this area on a two hour basket weaving workshop. Aunty Diedre will teach traditional methods handed down over thousands of years. Relax and enjoy a yarn with others in your group. This experience is immersive, transformational and authentic. If the weather is good this workshop will take place on the beach at Mystery Bay (If there is rain then the workshop will take place in the Narooma Visitor Information Centre).
WE ARE 100% ABORIGINAL OWNED AND OPERATED