Mandurah Island Ride
- Duration: 210 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Mandurah, WA
- Product code: PETT0A
FITNESS LEVEL: Basic/Moderately active SKILL LEVEL: Beginner/confident beginner
HANDS DOWN, THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SEE MANDURAH
Come let us sweep you away to the untouched ends of greater Mandurah where wildlife flourishes and behemoths protect the waterways. Your electric bike adventure starts at The Bike Kiosk, aka, GIANT HQ, before heading south-west towards the Indian Ocean, past the first of the mystical oversized patrons of Peel. We might see dolphins...we could see kangaroos...we WILL see artist Thomas Dambo's timber-clad guardians who each have a different tale to tell about the land of the Bindjareb people they now stand guard over.
Norco Indie VLT eBike (max load, 161kgs)
Bottle cages (fits standard 600ml bottles)
Meal (choose EITHER one round of mixed sandwiches OR, one 10-piece sushi roll, plus ONE piece of cake)
WHAT TO BRING
Your adventurous self :)
Active wear/casual clothes (a lightweight, windproof jacket can be handy)
Footwear (no joke, it's 'no dealio' to bare feet. LOL)
STUFF TO KNOW
- The Bike Kiosk uses peddle-assisted eBikes. This means you do have to peddle but you can choose how much electric help you get with every stroke.
- The tour hugs the Indian Ocean to its southernmost point (at the Dawesville Cut), then follows the estuary home. It isn't overly demanding because we're on eBikes and the terrain is mainly flat, but we will be on and off the saddle for 3.5+ hours depending on the speed of the group.
- The course covers approximately 38 kilometres, using cycleways, bike lanes, roads, and dual-use footpaths. On a few occasions, we will need to cross a busy road. Please heed the advice of your tour guide.
- The minimum age for our eBike tours is 16-years-old.
- Everything you touch has been disinfected; that is, helmets, handlebar grips, seats, brakes, etc.
- Sounds silly, but you must know how to ride a bike.
- Please let us know about any special dietary requirements during the booking process, and if you are over 182cms, or under 160cm tall.
- The tour will stop at select locations (on demand) for that must-have photograph (just tag us @thebikekiosk when you post - hee hee)
- Your adventure will begin with a safety briefing, and quick how-to-use demo of the eBike
- At the end of this booking process the software provider will charge a small fee, as will the bank, for card payments.
- Our cancellation policy deets can be found in the FAQ's tab.
*TBK tours require minimum numbers to proceed. The booking system will send a pending order email confirmation when you make your online booking. When minimum numbers are attained, your tour will be automatically confirmed.
**Aerial pics courtesy Visit Mandurah and Russell Ord Photography