Mornington Recumbent Waterbike Tour
- Kesto: 90 Minuutit (noin)
- Paikka: Mornington, VIC
- Tuotekoodi: PCBJ0X
After a safety briefing and operational overview, participants will be fitted with lifejackets before departing from Mothers Beach, Mornington.
The tour will head out the Mornington Harbour amongst the yachts moored and keeping an eye out for large look stingray, before pedalling north towards Mills Beach.
Continuing north we then pass Beleura Cliff Lookout and Mornington Golf Club perched high above the cliff tops. Further along is Morning Star Beach, with Reginald Ansett's attempted post World War Two sophisticated modern hotel, Hotel Manyung, emerging from fields above.
As we turn we divert our eyes and keep an appropriate distance from the shore as we pass Sunnyside North Beach, Victoria's last remaining clothing optional beach.
The return trip is a pleasant open water pedal keeping our eyes open for some of the Mornington Peninsulas Bottlenose Dolphins known to frequent this stretch of water and friends of our eco-friendly waterbikes.
Our tour ends as we approach Schnapper Point, the original name given to the Mornington township, before finishing back Mothers Beach alongside The Rocks Mornington, an ideal location to replenish.
- All Waterbike Equipment and Lifejacket
- A Waterbike Australia Guide
- Sunscreen and Hand Sanitiser
What to Bring:
- Water Bottle
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Comfortable Clothing – suitable to the weather conditions
- You may want to bring a change of clothing if you’re going out afterwards, all efforts are made to remain dry, but feet may get wet onboarding and off-boarding the waterbikes
- Remember phone or GoPro for the all important selfie
The tour starts and finishes at the Mothers Beach, a 10 minute walk down from Main Street, Mornington.