Sip & Graze (3-course lunch) - Horizon at 1837
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Lyndoch, South Australia
- Product code: SG18373C
DURATION: 4.5 hours approx.
DPEATURE TIMES: Wednesday to Sunday 11:30 am
After departing from our home base in the peaceful Hoffnungsthal Valley, it’s time to relax and take in the gorgeous sights and surrounds as you enjoy the beautiful scenic helicopter flight northeast over Rowland Flat, home of Jacob’s Creek Winery, where some of Australia’s largest wine tanks are located. A stunning bird’s eye view of the southern end of the Barossa. Landing you on the top of a beautiful hill.
1837 Barossa holds a rich historical presence. Colonel William Light stands proudly on the site to commemorate the birthplace of Barossa Valley – A tribute to which 1837 wine makers dedicate their wines year after year.
Arriving at the 1837 Barossa helipad a 1837 Barossa staff will guide you to the Col. Light Monument and you can enjoy the full 360-degree views from the historic point, which commemorates the birthplace of the Barossa. You will be able to walk the art trail which allows you to take pictures of the many colourful sculptures, which includes the “Wings of Barossa” where you can pose as an angel between two giant wings that overlook the vineyards. Arriving at exclusive 1837 Barossa Pavilion your will be greeted with a welcome drink. You will watch a movie about the history off the Barossa, which is followed by guided vineyard walk, where you learn all about grape growing. If seasons permits, you will be able to sample some grapes. Back in the exclusive Pavilion you will receive an introduction in winemaking, and you will learn how to taste wine like a professional. The wine experience will then be crowned by a tasting of 8 wines, which will include the reserve range.
After the wine experience you will be guided to the Horizon@1837 restaurant on the picturesque estate. The restaurant boasts a spectacular view over the Barossa and a staff will seat you at the best place in the house (weather depending) where you can sip and graze the day away!
Once it is time to go, back in the helicopter, sit back and enjoy the flight as we take you past the quaint town of Lyndoch, over the Barossa Goldfields and the Whispering Wall following up stream to the South Para Reservoirs before returning to our base via Williamstown, capturing a perfect view of the idyllic southern Barossa Ranges.
- Approx.15 minutes in the helicopter
- Wine Experience at 1837 Barossa which includes:
- Visit the Barossa Col Light Monument, which commemorates the birthplace of the Barossa
- Walk the spectacular 1837 Barossa Art Trail
- Welcome drink in the exclusive 1837 Barossa Pavilion
- Learn about the history of the Barossa (Film)
- Guided walk in our vineyards
- Wine appreciation – Professional wine tasting
- Guided wine tasting of 8 wines
- 3-course lunch for 2 people.
What’s NOT Included?
- Transfers to/from the Barossa Helicopters Helipad.
- Extra wine with lunch.
- Extra take home wine (this can be shipped direct to your home from the winery).
advise any dietary requirements at time of booking.