Noosa Dolphin View Sea Kayak & Beach 4X4 Adventure - Day Tour
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Noosa Heads, Qld
- Product code: DKN
Epic Ocean Adventures premium eco adventure, back to nature and into the wild with our Noosa Dolphin View Sea Kayak Tour. Experience the thrill of beach 4X4 along the spectacular Teewah Beach from Noosa’s North Shore via a cable ferry and deep into the Great Sandy National Park to a pristine ocean kayaking location, Double Island Point.
Immerse yourself in the views and natural beauty of Australia’s Nature Coast on a guided sea kayak tour whilst experiencing a buzzing hub of wildlife including bottlenose dolphins, humpback whales, turtles, rays and more in this tropical aquatic paradise. This location also features scenic views of the towering Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs, K'Gari (Fraser Island) and pristine Honeymoon Bay.
Noosa North Shore's Double Island Point is only accessible by 4X4 vehicles generally around the low tide, its away from the crowds and into the heart of the Great Sandy National Park where many of the local and migrating wildlife can be experienced.
Each day is never the same in the Marine Parks wild natural environment with the protected wildlife refuge home to large Bottlenose dolphin pods, Humpback whales (June – November), six of the world’s seven marine turtle species can be found here as well as manta rays, sting rays, soldier crabs in their thousands.
During the drive along Noosa North Shores Teewah Beach spot a variety of spectacular local and migrating bird species including the Brahminy and Whistling Kite, Eastern Osprey and enormous White Belly Sea Eagle often perched high on the towering coloured sand cliffs.
Our experienced local guides will take you on a sea kayak adventure in the tropical waters of Honeymoon Bay and Double Island Point headland taking in the breath taking views and natural surroundings of the area as well as seeing the Double Island Point Lighthouse from a unique view. Bottlenose dolphin pods are often seen here enjoying the Marine Park and feeding on large schools of fish and to see them living in their own habitat is a truly rewarding wildlife kayak experience.
No experience is required for this sea kayak tour from Noosa , beginner friendly location & suitable for all levels from 6 years up. We may allow children from 4 years on request basis and booster seat for 4X4 transportation will be required.
- Noosa North Shore & cable ferry
- Great Sandy National Park & Teewah Beach only able to be accessed on the beach by 4X4
- On the drive spot many migratory shore birds & birds of prey, dolphins, whales & turtles.
- Casual guided paddle in the crystal clear waters of Double Island Point & Honeymoon Bay.
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life including dolphins, whales, turtles & rays
- Lifetime experience > see Australian wildlife in their natural habitat, in the wild.
- Large pods of dolphins & whales (35,000 pass each way this year on migration) .
- Turtles, manta rays, local and migrating birds, soldier crabs in their thousands are all frequent
- Kayak along the towering Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs with K'Gari (Fraser Island) views
- Friendly local kayak guides > learn about all the history, wildlife and conservation of the Great Sandy National Park.
- Beginner friendly environment suitable for all abilities.
What's included: 4X4 beach drive experience, equipment, sea kayaking with local expert guide, Noosa North Shore & cable ferry, Teewah Beach & wildlife spotting, Double Island Point, Rainbow Beach coloured sands, National Park & entry fees, local knowledge commentary, light snacks & refreshments.
What to bring: Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks, change of clothes. Some extra food is recommended.
(It is a requirement that all food, littler and any other waste are taken with you out of the National Park on completion of your visit and we recommend no single use plastics)
- Depart Noosa in specialised vehicles, travel via Noosa North Shore & cable ferry and onto pristine Teewah Beach.
- Experience the thrill of beach 4X4 taking in the stunning views of the National Park & towering Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs
- Arrive at the ideal sea kayaking location of Honeymoon Bay & Double Island Point.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casual guided paddle taking in the stunning natural views and local marine life.
- See local bottlenose dolphins in their habitat and wild environment.
- Whales on migration passing by, putting on a show or resting in the bay.
- Spot the different types of turtles and rays in the crystal clear waters in the protected Marine Park.
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Lighthouse from the water.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along Teewah Beach & Noosa North Shore back to Noosa Heads.
Please meet 15 minutes before departure. There are a number of pick up points detailed below:
- The J Noosa (Theatre) 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads (Good all day parking & best if traveling from outside Noosa).
- Noosa Heads Bus Station, Corner Noosa Parade & Noosa Drive (Near Hastings St, limited parking).
- Noosaville: Robert St. In front of Coral Beach Noosa Resort